Wednesday, April 6, 2011

food, crafts, and pranks

This last week was a success!! Meal planning went really well which, in turn, made weight loss go really well!! I was down a little over a pound which is a great success in my book!! I made sure to track my points and I also made sure to photograph all the yummy food =)

This was a broccoli and chicken creation that got covered in panko bread crumbs mixed with fresh parmisian cheese and then baked to perfection. Delicioso!!

 We also had penne pasta with spinach, broccoli, mushrooms and bacon. I added a little sweet and spicy sauce and it was scrumptious =)

 Although this didn't photograph very appetizing... it was rather tasty. Baked chicken breast can be pretty boring but the crunchy coating did a nice job of livening up the dish =)

I also got pretty crafty this past week. I worked on a hooter hider and burp cloth combo for a friend who wanted to give the set away at a baby shower next week. I just love this fabric!!
And for (my bff) Lauren's bridal shower... I made this wooden plaque with her and Ziad's initials on it (in their wedding colors, of course!) <3

Then, for (my sister in law) Lauren's birthday over the weekend, I made this 3 layered chocolate cake and finished it off with a new technique that I tried out for the very first time!! I outlined the cake with a swirly collar of milk and white chocolate.

And just in case there wasn't enough cake for the party... Dawn and I made mini cake pops and dipped in spring colored sugar to match the party theme!! So much fun!!
Of course, since it was April 1st, we just had to play a little joke on the kids!! Here they are getting attacked by silly string (with dad in his pajamas carrying baby Kenna!)
Don't worry... we got Dad back by placing open sugar packets in his driver side visor. When he pulled the visor down, he was showered with sugar!! The kids got a big kick out of the "snow" falling in the car and landing all over Daddy's legs!! Joke was on me though... he was driving my car!!! I had sugar all over my dashboard and odometer. We even found more later in the nooks and crannies!! Yes, it was definitely car wash time after that joke backfired... yikes  =/  Better luck next year!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Fun!! =)

April 7, 2011 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Ok I seriously need some of these recipes - they look fanatastic!

April 18, 2011 at 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home